A Virginia Green Hotel Committed to Sustainable Meetings
Sheraton Reston Hotel is a proud participant in the statewide Virginia Green Program focused on practical pollution prevention techniques in all sectors of Virginia’s tourism industry. From lighting and temperature controls to green meetings, Sheraton Reston is one Reston hotel that is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and improving sustainable practices at every level of operations. Currently rated Silver (3) in the 4-level program, Sheraton Reston is a certified member of Virginia Green Lodging, and participates in green meeting practices, such as:
- Clean-up crews are trained to recycle all recyclable materials from conferences, receptions, etc.
- Recycling areas are well marked and displayed throughout the facility and are easily accessible.
- Reusable serving containers and table cloths are used.
- Reusable dishes, silverware, and napkins are provided for conference participants.
- Provide water and other beverages in pitchers or other bulk dispensers.
In addition, you can count on hotel-wide committment to green practices, including:
- Certified member of Virginia Green Lodging
- Recycling bins added to all guest rooms
- Recycling practiced property-wide
- Eco-friendly housekeeping, cleaning chemicals
- Hold quarterly energy audits
- Hybrid Car Parking Spaces
- Use of CFL Bulbs
- Align with a local charitable organization to donate used, linens, bath amenities and unexpired food
- Recycle Printer Cartridges, cell phones and batteries
- Stock Paper contains 30% recycled materials
- Toilet Tissue, facial tissue and paper hand towels property wide are made from recycled materials
- Regular scheduled preventative maintenance on HVAV and kitchen maintenance
- Minimize and consolidate deliveries between Food & Beverage and Housekeeping
- Furniture donation
- Eliminate paper-based local telephone directories
- Temperature setting and drapery standards in guest room and office space
- Transition to motion detector light switches in all closet, offices and ice machine landing on the floors
- Green Meetings initiative: E-Communication, paperless billing, sustainable menu items
Other scheduled initiatives include:
- LEED Certification
- Gold Level Certified EarthPact Rating
- Purchase biodegradable and compostable trash bags for all trash
- Local food procurement and sustainable menu items to be sourced and added
- Transition to paper goods containing recycled materials